3 out of 4 people have the warning signs of Periodontal Disease
- Gums that bleed when your brush
- Gums that are red, tender or swollen
- Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- Pus between teeth and gums when gums are pressed on
- Permanent tooth loss or teeth that are separating
- Changes in the way your teeth fit when biting
- Changes in fit of partials
- Constant bad breath
- Dry mouth
- Deep gum pockets
Periodontal disease is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the gums and bone surrounding the teeth. Periodontal disease can have a shocking effect on your over all health beyond your mouth. It can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke, increase risk of delivering pre-term, low birth weight babies, and difficulty in controlling blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
Dr. Kovitch is exceptionally experienced in the treatment of the gums, periodontal health and tissue regeneration.